Friday, July 27, 2012

Because the Lord is My Shepherd

6:36 a.m.  July 26, 2012,  I opened Dad's hymnbook, The Singing Church, to:

Because the Lord is my Shepherd,
I have everything that I need;
He let me rest in meadows green
and leads me beside the quiet stream.
He keeps on giving life to me,
and helps me to do what honors Him the most.
Even when walking tro 'the dark valley of death,
valley of death,
I will never be afraid,
for He is close beside me.
Guarding, guiding all the way,
He spread a fest before me 
in the presence of my enemies,
He welcomes me as He special guidest with blessing ever flowing,
His goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life,
and afterwards I shall live with Him forever, forever in His home,
forever in His home,Forever in His home.
                           Ralph Carmichael, 1969

Since I don't know the above Lord is my Shepherd song, I opened to another hymnbook for a Shepherd song I know--in fact, we sang it Sunday at church.  In opening this hymnbook  I opened to:

Song: Faith of our Mothers




I opened my Dad's Bible.  The verse I saw first was Mark 5:15:

And they come to Jesus and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.


I planned to write today:
The Boy With the Orange Hair







                       

No comments: