Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, President Obama

This morning I opened to this verse:


". . .God hath visited his people . ." Luke 7:16

from the Mission Statement of the World Peace Prayer Society:

The Power of Thought:

Thought forms create an energetic field strong enough to empower the course of planetary destiny.

The Power of Words:

Words carry vibrations strong enough to inspire, heal and transform the human heart as well as the Kingdom of plants, animals, and all creation.

Birthdays are milestones in our lives--a time for reflection of past events and future goals.

President Obama is spending a quiet birthday back in Chicago in his old home--one daughter is at camp and Michelle and another daughter are in Spain. I pray this day be a special time of the consciousness of the Presence of God for President Obama --a visitation of wisdom, guidance and strength. Lord, may he be encircled with Your protection. Still the enemy and the avenger. Cause him to look to You continually for understanding and surround him with good counsel and defeat wrong counsel. May we as a people be hands, feet and voice to work together with Your Spirit of Love and Truth to bring forth that which is best for everyone. We say "no weapon formed against this shall prosper."

We pray peace and understanding for Iraq and Afghanistan. "Scatter those who delight in war" (Psalm 68:30)
Today on the President's birthday, I wish to send again these qualities of the President in contrast to the unfair accusations and to distill the negative energy directed toward him,( please see: http://shiningriver-sheilah.blogspot.com/2010/06/president-obama-and-poetic-significance.html

I wish to express my gratitude and thankfulness for President Obama's many fine qualities. I'm thankful
for his love of country and people,
for his knowledge and intelligence--
that he has diligently studied our history, our founders, and our Constitution,
that he is appreciative of our diversity of cultures,
that he stays calm under pressure,
that he is a listener--that he wants to hear and consider opposing views and that he wants to be fair,
for his wisdom and speaking ability,
that he is forgiving and not vengeful, for his generous spirit,
that he knows, as he has expressed, the importance of humility,
for his sense of humor.
I'm thankful for how noble he is and that we can be proud of him when he travels to other countries and gives speeches.
I'm thankful for his dignity.
I'm thankful for his family--for Michelle and his girls to whom he is a good husband and father.
I'm thankful that he is a man of faith,
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episoes/october-10-2008-campaign-what-the-candidates-believe/885/
for the message of redemption that he gave at Easter.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/white-house-easter-prayer-breakfast
&
http://www.blogger.com/goog_574823676

http://wjz.com/video/?id=69183@wjz.dayport.com


Two days ago, August 2, I opened to:

"Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth." Psalm 138:8

and

"I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted and the right of the poor." Psalm 140:11,12
We are aware of the extreme polarization and distortion of truth of many in the media. Concerning the President, you can read about the Birthers, about false death panels and how he "took Jesus out of Easter"--the above Easter Breakfast Message will show that wrong.

Someone said, " We could do more for our country by praying instead of criticizing. The Bible says to pray without ceasing. Where does it say, "Criticize without ceasing"?

Several weeks ago I read these verses--which are a good declaration to speak into existence along with the above:

"But the King (the President) shall rejoice in God. . .but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped." Psalm 63:11

August 3 I opened to:"In that day there shall be a fountain opened. . ." Zechariah 13:1

In looking for a verse above I came across: ". . .they stopped all the wells of water. . ." II Kings 3:25
There are things that need to be shut and things that need to be opened. Example: the oil well--also an example of how words "Drill, baby, drill" brought it forth. In Revelation 3:7 ". . .he that hath the Key of David  he that openeth and no man shutteth, and shutteth, and no man openeth." Jesus spoke of living water (John 4) There are forces that would shut this water so there be no life. (We are thankful that the oil bringing death is stopped and that it is not as bad as it could have been.) Let the Fountain of Life be open--the truth that sets free, the Royal Law of Love (James 2:8) ". . .out of your belly (your innermost being) shall flow rivers of living water (John 7:38). Unstop these wells and let these rivers flow! It comes to me: rivers of living water. . .for the healing of the nations." I look up:
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." ( Revelation 22:2) Which reminds me that the stopped wells verse also had: ". . .and they stopped all the wells of water and felled all the good trees. . ." II Kings 3:25 So let the fountain be open and the trees stand. ". . .that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord. . ." Isaiah 61:3

Which reminds me of what God said to Jeremiah:

". . .I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.


But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.


Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold I have put my words in thy mouth.


See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build and to plant. Jeremiah 1: 5-10
". . .that ye being rooted and grounded in love. . .might be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3s you can see this can go on indefinitely--I didn't intend to write all this--it's an example of being led from one verse to another on a treasure hunt--you can do it, too. Let it speak to you. "My words they are Spirit and they are life." (John 7) "The letter kills; the Spirit gives life" (I Cor. 3) The Logos is the word--but the rhema is the word that speaks. Martin Buber said, "God speaks in the guise of everything that happens." It's not just in the Bible. Be listening.

Song:

When He calls me, I will answer;

When He calls me, I will answer

When He calls me, I will answer,

I'll be somewhere listening for my name. . .

May we be a people whose collective consciousness not only brings forth such a leader,

but nourishes and protects our young President with our prayers and goodwill.

May we see with vision the seeds of greatness within him,
even as those in other countries have seen--some having given him the Nobel Peace Prize believing in the things he can do.

May good seeds be watered and not uprooted with careless hands,

enabling him to lead with the audacity of hope and the greatness possible.

May we deal with our differences as assets to enlarge our perceptions instead of liabilities to divide us. .
Happy Birthday, Mr. President!

No comments: